The Greater Washington Region Clean Cities Coalition (GWRCCC) is public-private partnership that promotes the use of clean, and alternative American transportation fuels for homeland security and improved air quality. This coalition is one of nearly 100 coalitions around the country. DOE created Clean Cities in 1993 to provide informational, technical, and financial resources to EPAct-regulated fleets and voluntary adopters of alternative fuels and vehicles. Since its inception in 1993, Clean Cities and its stakeholders have displaced more than 2 billion gallons of petroleum.
At the local level, GWRCCC leverages these resources to create networks of local stakeholders and provide technical assistance to fleets implementing alternative and renewable fuels, idle-reduction measures, fuel economy improvements, and emerging transportation technologies. We also work to promote diversity, inclusion and equity in the alternative fuels industry and movements for reducing pollution and environmental justice.
GWRCCC is supported by stakeholders that include area government jurisdictions, the Council of Governments and regional planning authorities, trade associations, private companies and concerned citizens. All have a common interest to encourage the expanded use of new automotive technology to replace gasoline and diesel fuel for a cleaner transportation future. We invite you to get involved and become a part of our mission.
· A 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization
· partner to organizations, corporations, government of all sorts in the implementation of advanced fuels, education, and community engagement
· Facilitates development of regional and local infrastructure to support advanced fuels
· Prioritizes diversity, inclusion and equity in the environmental industry
· Works at local, state, and federal levels to support and create policy
· Ensures that environmental benefits are also economic benefits
· Providing business development and technical assistance services
· Providing education and community outreach and engagement services
· Providing project management and development services
· Providing work force development support and solutions2