The Greater Washington Region Clean Cities Coalition (GWRCCC) Communication and Media Intern will gain valuable experience working with a public-private partnership non-profit organization that works to promote the use of clean, domestic fuels to assure our nation’s and region’s climate security, energy independence and clean air by reducing our dependence on gasoline and diesel transportation fuels.
The Communication and Social Media Intern will help elevate GWRCCC’s social media presence through assisting the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator monitor and create content for our multiple online platforms. The Communication/Social Media Intern will assist the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator in creating social media content for Instagram/Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn posts and will gain experience writing website copy. The right candidate should be passionate about climate action and have an interest in the world-wide transition to clean energy.
- College junior or senior pursuing a degree in marketing, communication, or other related field
- Firm grasp of social media tools and programs
- Ability to juggle various assigned projects and tasks
- Communicate regularly and professionally with supervisors
- Proficient in copy-editing
- Experience in graphic design programs such as Canva, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Communication and Media
- Assist Marketing and Outreach Coordinator create social media content for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Execute creative, relevant social media campaigns
- Assist in writing website copy
- Make phone calls and answer phones
- Make copies
- Data entry, filing
- Other general administrative duties like stuffing envelopes or sending out emails for upcoming events.
- Research GWRCCC members and other organizations, individuals, public policy topics, industry related matters and trends
- Develop mini reports and presentations
- Attend GWRCCC events as weekly work hour commitment allows
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and three relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a 10-15 hour per week unpaid position with a hybrid in-person/work from home schedule and an opportunity for school credit. GWRCCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.